In today’s digitally-run power sector, data storage is of crucial importance. Any compromise with the data, through hacking or whatever, can result in huge losses to power utilities. To guard against it, the Government has formulated a detailed set of guidelines. Xenius systems comply fully to all these guidelines, thereby, ensuring foolproof security of data.
Power sector has undergone a great transformation during the last decade. With advancement in technology and Internet of Things (IoT), it has moved away from analogue to digital systems, which are connected via the Internet. These systems are not only smarter, but more accurate as well.
The data stored on the servers is confidential and any leakage can prove catastrophic. Though the new smart systems are highly advanced and help the electricity departments a great deal in generating revenue, they are also prone to hacking. Once that happens, it can cause huge revenue loss to power departments, as also the Government.
- Though the new smart systems are highly advanced and help the electricity departments a great deal, they are also prone to hacking.
- Xenius has taken sufficient care to ensure that its systems are compliant to all the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Power.
- The Cloud services used by Radius are MEITY-approved and the metering and consumer data is stored in India.
- The back-end architecture is protected by Firewall and network security with proper authentication process.
To protect the systems from getting hacked, the Ministry of Power has set in place detailed guidelines to safeguard the server. In this regard, Xenius has taken sufficient care to ensure that its systems are compliant to all these guidelines. Some of these are:
- VAPT(Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing): It is a systematic process of determining the vulnerability of an application.
- CERT-In(Indian Computer Emergency Response Team): A national nodal agency under the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MEITY), its purpose is to respond to computer security incidents, report on vulnerabilities and promote effective IT security practices.
- CMMI(Capability Maturity Model Integration): A process and behavioural model that helps organisations streamline process improvement and encourage productive and efficient behaviours that decrease risks in software, product, and service development.)
- Private APN & MPLS (Access Point Name and Multiprotocol Label Switching): The devices in network communicate to the Cloud using private IPs that are not accessible through the public Internet. The traffic of these devices terminates at the Cloud through MPLS on a private IP, which is also not accessible from the public internet. This private APN and MPLS link is created by a licenced national long distance (NLD) carrier. This licenced carrier secures the communication between devices and meters etc. as per APN guidelines issued by the Ministry of Telecom.
- MEITY-approved Cloud: The Cloud services used by Radius are MEITY-approved and the metering and consumer data is stored in India.
- Isolated network layer: The back-end architecture comprising HES (Head End System), MDMS (Metering Data Management System), VEE (Validation, Editing and Estimation) and Web Access Layer are protected by Firewall and network security with proper authentication process.
- Local IP: The configuration of all on-field devices and back-end servers are configured on Local IP (Private IP) to nullify any sort of penetration in the network through the Internet.
Being certified of all the above-listed guidelines, the Xenius system makes the data 100-pc secure for companies and power utilities.